FOSTER CITY, Calif., Nov. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced that the redesigned PlayStation®Home will be available beginning November 3, 2011, exclusively on PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system for users throughout the US and Canada. The PlayStation Home redesign includes a new core experience that features genre-based districts as well as a wide variety of exclusive games that cater to each player’s interests, style and game preference.
The PlayStation Home redesign will launch with a number of free-to-play game titles, based upon a freemium business model, including:
- Bootleggers ’29: Set in the seedy underbelly of the Roaring Twenties, this PlayStation Home exclusive first-person shooter found in the Action District pits cops vs. criminals in a Prohibition-era game of Capture the Cask. Boasting real-time multiplayer action, a variety of vintage weapons and unlockable rewards, and the unique ability to play as your PlayStation Home avatar, Bootleggers ’29 is a 100% free-to-play game that introduces a classic narrative to the modern shooter genre.
- PlayStation Home Hold ‘Em: A series of backroom poker tables hosted in the brand new Sportswalk district, PlayStation Home Hold ‘Em squares players off in a no-holds-barred, winner-take-all battle of the bluffs. Only the best of the best will progress to the high stakes tables and collect all the prizes in this free version of the wildly-popular Texas Hold ‘Em card game.
- PlayStation Home Sports Trivia: Test your sports expertise against the PlayStation Home community and unlock a series of themed rewards in this massive sports trivia game, found in the Sportswalk. Packed with over 10,000 trivia questions, this game will challenge the memories of even the most die-hard sports fans.
- RC Rally: Build and customize your own remote controlled car and race against friends over multiple courses, performing stunts and tricks and unlocking numerous upgrades along the way. This fast-paced PlayStation Home original game can be found in the new Pier Park.
- Cogs: A 3D version of Lazy 8 Studios award-winning Steampunk puzzle game, Cogs can be found front-and-center in PlayStation Home’s new Hub. Build a variety of machines from sliding tiles and unlock exclusive PlayStation Home rewards in this highly-addictive puzzler.
“This is a major milestone for PlayStation Network, and we are thrilled to bring a new core experience to PlayStation Home where games are front and center,” said Jack Buser, director of PlayStation Home, SCEA. “Home’s community is made up of some of the most passionate gamers on PS3, and we’ve listened to their feedback since Home launched in 2008, finally transforming Home itself into a game. This redesign marks a new beginning for PlayStation Home, and players can expect much more to come.”
PlayStation Home has evolved beyond a social network into a true social game platform:
- PlayStation Home has been a destination for over 24 million users worldwide. (WW)
- The average time spent in the Home platform is 70 minutes per session (SCEA)
- Over 230 games ready-to-play (SCEA)
- Over 10,000 virtual items (SCEA)
- Over 70 spaces (SCEA)
- Over 800 community events (SCEA)
- Over 35 partners (SCEA)
For additional information about PlayStation Home’s new core experience, please visit: http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-home/.