SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Gorilla Logic, (www.gorillalogic.com), a leader in enterprise application development services and creators of open source test tools for mobile and Rich Internet Applications (RIA), today announced FoneMonkey (http://www.gorillalogic.com/fonemonkey) for Android, its latest open source automated testing tool for mobile applications.
The new Android testing capabilities complement the popular FoneMonkey for iOS (iPhone and iPad) automated testing tool and extends Gorilla Logic’s comprehensive open source automated testing solution set by bringing Android developers and QA testers the same recording/playback and test script generation already enjoyed by iOS developers. It benefits developers by providing rapid creation of functional testing scripts; allows testers without in-depth Android Software Developer Kit (SDK) knowledge to easily and quickly create testing scripts; and, offers increased application quality and faster time-to-market.
Specific features contained in FoneMonkey for Android include:
- Records and plays back user interface interactions with native Android applications
- Scripts are readable, maintainable and also can be created from scratch without recording
- An Eclipse-based control console provides easy creation and editing of automation scripts
- Scripts can be created and ran on an emulator or actual device
- Supports virtually all Android SDK UI components and gestures
- Is free and open source
- Offers ability to run tests in continuous integration environments