TORONTO, Nov. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ – Kobo, a global leader in eReading with over 5.6 million users worldwide, announced that they have added to and extended their eReader device family with a new, sub-$100 eReader based on the popular Kobo eReader Touch Edition. In addition, Kobo has greatly enhanced the Kobo Touch eReader with several significant new feature improvements, such as new customization options and enhanced speed to deliver a fully optimized eReading experience. Kobo now offers an eReader for everyone, at a selection of value price-points starting as low as $59.99, making Kobo a truly perfect gift for everyone on the holiday shopping list.
Kobo Touch offers an amazing reading experience, with a slew of new features including:
- Easily swipe or tap to turn pages, with double taps to zoom in to 200% on a PDF
- Customize taps on the screen to turn pages and to bring additional comfort to left-handed readers
- A choice of seven font styles and 25 sizes to best suit individual eyesight needs- the most of any eReader on the market today.
- Add your own fonts for full customization
- Easy note making within a book while users read, as well as browsing and editing notes with the Annotations list
- Faster highlighting within books
- Search within a book – find terms inside of ePub books in seconds
- New personal home screen, choice of library views, highlighting, dictionary look-up, predictive search and automatic last page bookmarking
- Fully adjustable refresh rate for fast page turns
- A low-battery warning – icon alerts let readers know when that reach 10 percent and 5 percent of battery life
- Sleep and power off screens that show full screen book covers
- Progress indicator — readers can easily find out how far they’ve read in each book, with percentages read displayed under each book title.
With battery life of up to one month, and storage of up to 30,000 books with expandable memory, the Kobo eReader Touch Edition delivers the freedom to read anywhere, at any time.
“eReaders are this season’s hottest holiday gift giving category and the introduction of Kobo Touch with Offers makes giving the gift of eReading easier than ever,” said Michael Serbinis, CEO of Kobo. “Kobo is the perfect gift to give with a selection of cost-effective readers, over 2.5 million eBooks, as well as the most popular newspapers and magazines. There is truly something for everyone.”
Kobo eReaders are sold at leading US retailers including Best Buy, Target, Fry’s, Kmart and Sears, and are available directly from Kobo.com.