NEW YORK, Dec. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ – Due to the incredible response from New Year’s Eve revelers, the Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment, organizers of Times Square New Year’s Eve, along with their partners, Toshiba and Livestream, have launched the 2012 official Times Square Ball App, specially designed for Apple and Android mobile devices (images and demonstration video at http://timessquareball.net/app/). The free app is designed to put you up close and personal with the New Year’s Eve Ball in Times Square, no matter where you are in the world.
Among the app’s many features is the LIVE, six-and-a-quarter-hour, commercial-free mobile stream of New Year’s Eve in Times Square powered by Livestream, including musical performances just before midnight and live throughout the night, and the ability to participate in the celebration. Toshiba, the Times Square New Year’s Eve official Countdown Sponsor, is providing a unique opportunity for users of the app to see their photos on the Toshiba Vision sign directly below the Times Square Ball on New Year’s Eve. These are just a couple of ways that the app will convey the unique buzz of Times Square, before and when the Ball descends on New Year’s Eve. Apart from the big night, the app will be a year-round source of entertainment and information about the non-stop excitement that makes Times Square the “Crossroads of the World.”
Here are some of the 2012 app features:
- Tweet @TimesSquareBall for the chance to see a reply to or a retweet of your greetings for the New Year scroll on the home screen of the 2012 official Times Square Ball App.
- Send New Year’s Eve cards with personalized greetings with photos from the app to friends, family and followers on Facebook, Twitter and via email.
- Submit your New Year’s photos for friends, family and other revelers to vote on via the app, on Facebook and Twitter. The photos with the most votes will be showcased on the Toshiba Vision sign atop One Times Square directly beneath the Waterford Crystal New Year’s Eve Ball on December 31. Photos with the most votes will be posted at the top of each hour from 7 p.m. through 11 p.m., and displayed for the world to view during the live show.
- Watch live streaming of the Times Square Ball and Toshiba Vision screen atop One Times Square throughout the year as well as the highlight promo and other exclusive video content.
- Customize your Toshiba Countdown Clock on your app’s home screen with your personal photo and time zone.