SECAUCUS, N.J., Jan. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ – Panasonic today introduced the LUMIX DMC-ZS20, the newest member of the acclaimed LUMIX ZS-Series, and the world’s slimmest digital camera with a 20x optical zoom lens(*1). With a powerful zoom, a 24mm ultra wide-angle LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lens and the ability to shoot full-High Definition (HD), the new LUMIX ZS20 builds on the series’ success as an extremely versatile point-and-shoot model. With a newly-redesigned lens system, the LUMIX ZS20 features a new mechanical structure and optical system to further improve image quality and with Nano Surface Coating technology, the LUMIX ZS20 offers stunning image clarity with minimized ghosting and flare.
Beyond the quality of its lens, the LUMIX ZS20 integrates an enhanced built-in GPS(*2) functionality, making it easy for users to pinpoint locations where photos were taken and share with family and friends on internet maps. Map data can be installed onto the LUMIX ZS20 via a bundled DVD, giving the camera detailed worldwide maps of major regions on a scale of 1/25,000 or more precise. A user can copy the map data of a designated city to an SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Card and get quick geographic information to know their location and if any landmarks are located nearby. More than one million landmarks and 82 countries/regions are covered in the bundled DVD map. Geo-tagged images are automatically sorted and can be played back along a map so that users can literally trace their photographic journey. Many GPS cameras show only the latitude and longitude of where a photo is taken, but the LUMIX ZS20 shows the name of the Country/Region, State/Prov./County, County/Township, City/Town/Village and Landmark – all of which is saved in the EXIF data.
Additional features and functionalities of the LUMIX ZS20 include:
- Large, 3.0-inch 460,000-dot Smart Touch LCD Screen
- Touch AF, Touch Zoom or Touch Shutter during recording and various playback functions like scrolling the map with high visibility.
- Flexibility of USB charging or conventional AC adapter charging methods.
- LUMIX Image Uploader for seamless and instant sharing via Facebook or YouTube. Users can checkmark the photo or video files they want to share, connect it to a PC with the included USB cable or by inserting the SD Memory Card directly into the PC’s SD Card slot, and then the uploading automatically launches with an easy-to-follow menu option.
Also introduced today, the LUMIX DMC-ZS15 features a versatile 24mm ultra-wide angle and powerful 16x optical zoom LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lens (24-383mm on 35mm camera equivalent) with 32x Intelligent Zoom. Other features include:
- 12.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
- Full HD Video Recording in 60i AVCHD(*5) and 30p in MP4
- Monaural Microphone
- Large, 3.0-inch 460,000-dot Intelligent LCD
The LUMIX ZS20 and ZS15 will be available in March 2012 for a suggested retail price of $349.99 and $279.99 respectively. The LUMIX ZS20 will be available in black, red, white, and silver options; while the LUMIX ZS15 will be available in black and silver. For more on these Panasonic LUMIX models, please visit www.panasonic.com/lumix.