SEATTLE, Jan. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ – WatchGuard® Technologies, a global leader in business security solutions, today unveiled its ultimate small business firewall, the WatchGuard XTM 33. Ideal for small businesses with 5 to 30 users, the WatchGuard XTM 33 appliance provides state of the art network protection in an all-in-one, small form factor security appliance.
“Hackers go after small businesses because they tend to have either outdated security systems or consumer-grade endpoint protection, which makes them easy targets,” said Tim Helming, Director of Product Management at WatchGuard Technologies. “For this reason, WatchGuard developed the XTM 33 to have enterprise class security, but in a form factor and at a price that works for any small business. It truly is a no-compromise, ultimate firewall that is optimized for today’s threat landscape.”
WatchGuard XTM 33 – Packed with the latest security technologies
Despite its small form factor size and diminutive price tag, the WatchGuard XTM 33 is chock full of the latest security features and advanced networking technologies available today. These include:
- Defense-in-depth protection – Identity-based firewalling plus WatchGuard’s unique proxy technology puts the XTM 33 at the forefront of firewall functionality;
- Integrated VPN –Whether it is used to create secure virtual private network (VPN) tunnels for Apple iPad, iPhone and other iOS-based devices, or used to enable secure remote connectivity for mobile employees, the WatchGuard XTM 33 makes setting up a VPN effortless and easy;
- Application Control – The WatchGuard XTM 33 provides next-generation firewall functionality via Application Control. This allows businesses to utilize web 2.0 apps, while keeping employees focused on work rather than playing social media-based games;
- Malware and Hacker Prevention – With the latest in intrusion prevention, spam-blocking and gateway anti-virus, the WatchGuard XTM 33 keeps malware, spyware, viruses, worms and hackers out of small business networks;
- Cloud-based Protection – The WatchGuard XTM 33 also leverages WatchGuard’s Reputation Enabled Defense service, which is a cloud-based IP and URL reputation solution that stops threats in the cloud before they ever hit the network edge, which means network throughput is always fast;
- Advanced Management and Reporting – Real-time monitoring, secure logging and more than 65 report templates give businesses insight as to what is going in and out of their network and by whom.
Helming concludes, “For the price point, the WatchGuard XTM 33 offers unbeatable value, performance and functionality. It embodies expert security for the non-security expert.”
Pricing and Availability
The WatchGuard XTM 33 is available now from authorized WatchGuard channel partners. List pricing for the XTM 33 begins at $890. A wireless version is available, starting at $990. For more information, please go to www.watchguard.com.