DALLAS, Feb. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ – AT&T* announced today that its AT&T U-verse for iPad App, which makes it easy for users to connect their iPad to their TV for an even better viewing experience, is available on the App Store.
Recent studies indicate that the majority of tablet owners use their device simultaneously while watching TV, and with this app users can link their iPad to their choice of any U-verse TV receiver and access several great new features like:
- Extra content and information about the TV show you’re watching, including series overview, episode synopsis, photos, cast and crew information, related TV shows and more.
- A full-featured, intuitive U-verse remote control with channel, guide, DVR, interactive app and on-demand controls, eliminating the need for extra (or lost) remotes throughout the home.
- Advanced search functionality to help you find the content you want.
- Recommendations on what to watch with ratings and reviews.
- Ability to share information about what you are watching with friends on Facebook.
And while you’re on the go, you can:
- Watch hit TV shows and movies over any Wi-Fi connection. Choose from a library of popular content based on your U-verse TV package, including shows and movies from STARZ, ENCORE, TBS, TNT, truTV, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim, with more choices added on an ongoing basis.
- Access the U-verse programming guide and DVR scheduling, similar to the functionality available on the U-verse app for iPhone and iPod touch.
You can view a video demo of the app here.
The AT&T U-verse for iPad App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.