SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) today announced mass deployment of the Marvell® 88SS9187 SATA controller fueled by high performance embedded processor technology. The 88SS9187 features a 6 gigabit-per-second (Gb/s) SATA Revision 3.1 compliant host interface optimized for the fast-growing solid state drive (SSD) sector, offering many game changing benefits to the consumer, mobile and enterprise markets. A significant number of high-profile SSD manufacturers are set to deploy Marvell’s newest solution immediately, with additional partners expected to integrate 88SS9187 implementations later this year.
Marvell’s newest SSD controller boasts an open, world-class architecture that supports industry-standard, high-speed NAND Flash interface up to 200MB/s per channel. The 88SS9187 also offers a groundbreaking correction capability thanks to its high performance ECC engine with Adaptive Read and Write Scheme and on-chip RAID functionality to allow use of the latest generation of NAND Flash devices in the fast-growing SSD markets.
Other distinguishing features of Marvell’s third-generation SATA 6 Gb/s SSD controller include:
- Supports on-chip RAID technology for the NAND device with flexible customer firmware based algorithm to optimize retiring of defective NAND block, plane, die or device.
- Supports high-speed DDR3 DRAM interface with support for up to 1 G byte memory that permits customer to implement highly performance optimized mapping algorithms.
- Maximum sequential read performance for a SATA 6G device.
- ~500MB/s of sequential write performance even at dirty drive conditions.
- Best-in-class Random Read and Write IOPS with minimum over-provisioning and minimal performance degradation.
For more information, visit Marvell.com.